Welcome to the Occupational Therapy department of Maximum Rehab Center. Of the 5,600 Certified Hand Therapists (CHT) worldwide, Maximum Rehab Center has 2, more than many other rehab departments in the Bloomington Normal area. Occupational Therapy (OT) at Maximum Rehab Center specializes in the treatment of patients with orthopedic injuries of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand. A highly trained Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) will educate patients about the anatomy of their injuries, the healing process, and will develop custom treatment programs to allow clients to improve performance in desired activities of daily living.
Our therapists maintain continued professional development and competencies. They treat one patient at a time providing optimal patient interaction and treatment. The occupational therapists at Maximum Rehab Center strive to provide manual therapy and other therapeutic methods that patients cannot perform at home on their own.
Upper Extremity Services
- Joint, Soft Tissue, and Neural Mobilization – Our therapists utilize different types of mobilization that help decrease stiffness and increase ROM, especially in patients who have had surgery or a fracture. These techniques also help to improve neural function and alleviate pain.
- Pain Management – By using modalities, massages, and soft tissue technique, our therapists are able to help control pain associated with many persistent injuries that our patients encounter.
- Edema Control – Our therapists aim to decrease swelling through manual edema mobilization with hands or modalities.
- Dynamic and Static Splinting – Our CHT’s are adept at both Dynamic and Static splinting. These custom made splints, made with the best materials, protect fractures, help soft tissue injuries, and improve range of motion and function by positioning the hand to provide a prolonged low load stretch. Our therapists are also available for walk-in splints if that is needed.
- Sensory Re-Education and Desensitization – After injuries to small nerves in the hand, our therapists will monitor sensation recovery or will use different textures to decrease hyper sensitivity. Because of our OTs’ CHT designations, they are familiar with the intricacies of the hand and have experience treating patients who have sensory issues.
- Joint Protection Techniques – Our therapists will educate patients on how to use their upper extremities in activities of daily living to prevent stress to their joints and to help alleviate future injuries that are a result of persistent misuse.
- Physical Agent Modalities – Maximum Rehab Center spares no expense to provide our therapists with a range of modalities that will make treatment as effective as possible. Our therapists use hot packs, cold packs, paraffin wax baths, warm whirlpool fluido-therapy, electrical-stimulation, ultra-sound, game ready pneumatic compression cryotherapy and other modalities to decrease pain and prepare tissue for manual techniques. Our range of modalities offers advantages that you are unlikely to find at other therapy sites.
- Work Simulation – In order to allow our patients to return to work in as quick a time as possible, our therapists will review patients job descriptions and develop a treatment plan that targets their injuries efficiently and effectively. It is in our best interest to see our patients healthy and functioning at their optimum level.
- Fractures of the Hand or Arm
- Lacerations and Amputations
- Surgical Repairs of Tendons and Nerves
- Tendonitis and Tendinosis (Lateral epicondylitis, Medial epicondylitis)
- Injury of Ligaments of the Upper Extremity
- Osteoarthritis (Thumb Basal Joint Arthritis)
- Neural Compression Syndromes (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)