Radiology & Imaging
Welcome to Open MRI Center
OpenMRI Center is proud to bring its Hitachi Airis II Open MRI machine to Bloomington-Normal. Offering both Digital X-Rays and MRI’s for all patients, Open MRI Center provides high quality images and a simple referral process. MRI, short for Magnetic Resonance Imaging, is radiation-free and produces clear, detailed three-dimensional images of the body. Patients with claustrophobia may feel uncomfortable in a traditional or closed MRI unit because they must lie still inside a narrow tunnel. Our open MRI unit, which is accredited by the American College of Radiology, does not enclose the patient within a narrow tunnel and eliminates this problem. The open design also allows for patients who may be too large to fit into a closed unit.
Benefits of Open MRI Center
Open MRI Center offers distinct advantages over other competitors in town including:
- Same Day Appointments
- Results in as little as 4 business hours, immediately faxed to referring providers
- Scans completed by a certified MRI Technician with over 15 years of experience on shoulders, knees, hips, elbows, wrists, ankles, lumbar spines, cervical spines, and thoracic spines.
- Special pre-paid self pay rate for uninsured patients
- Readings performed by board certified radiologists in Chiropractics, Cardiology, Neurology, and Orthopedics
- Easy referral process
- On site physician for MRI’s with contrast